Thursday, August 13, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

I honestly don't watch baseball.  Before I had children, I loved watching and listening to Mariner's games.  I really loved the team during the Lou Piniella years especially the 1997 division championship year.  Dan Wilson, Edgar Martinez, Jamie Moyer, and of course...Ken Griffey, Jr. were some of my favorite players.  I was so excited when I heard Ken Griffey, Jr. was coming to Seattle to play before retiring.  I just had to go to a game before the season was over.


We only live about an hour from the stadium, but I don't like catching buses or finding a place to park and I really don't like fighting traffic after a game.  I decided to make a mini-vacation out of it and get a hotel room.  The only hotel near the stadium is very expensive.  I debated and debated and finally decided to do it.  I'm very glad I did.  The girls had a blast swimming in the pool on the roof.  They swam for 2 1/2 hours before the game.  The game went extra innings so it was nice to walk across the street and fall into bed after 14 innings.

I was very disappointed when I learned that Griffey wasn't in the lineup.  I love watching Ichiro and he made some amazing plays and got a couple of hits.  I was excited to watch Hernadez pitch.  It turned out to be a pitcher's duel and the score was still 0-0 into the 14th.  I was so excited when they put Griffey in to pinch hit!!  He came through with a fabulous hit to win the game.  My girls slept through his great hit.  They even slept through me screaming.  Silly girls:)

Here are pictures and a report from my girls:


0 comments: