Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Kindergarten!!!!

My baby went to kindergarten today! I have always heard that it is hard when your first child and your last child leaves for school. I did get emotional when Rachel went to school, but Erin Joy going to kindergarten didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. In fact, both of us made it through the day without crying. I am actually very excited she is now in kindergarten. I can sneak visits during my breaks. I was so excited to see her in the hall lined up for PE right after my class has PE. It is so wonderful knowing that both my girls are close. I love seeing them throughout the day. She told me this morning, "I love my sparkly shirt.  I so beautiful.  Thank-you for buying it for me.  I don't deserve it.  I love you."  Then she gave me a big hug.  I asked her where heard the word "deserve."  She told me she heard it on an Eloise cartoon DVD we checked out at the library. I was amazed she used it correctly.  Her vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds.  She has made incredible progress...especially these last six months.  She is a different child than the one I met in China.  The only special education service she still qualifies for is speech and I'm beginning to wonder if she even needs speech.  She has really blossomed.  Way to go Erin Joy!!!  Today kindergarten...tomorrow the world!!!  Watch out...here she comes!!!


Here she is getting off the big, scary bus.

And waiting in line....
I am so glad my children can join me most nights after school.  I corrected papers while they helped me.  Rachel helped me cut out a bunch of things I had laminated.  Erin Joy tried, but then I had her cut scratch paper because that was safer.  She made a big mess all over the floor.  She "accidentally" cut her name tag in several places, "accidentally" cut up her one of my student's math papers, and "accidentally" cut her finger.

I sure love my girls:)

1 comments:

Kristi said...

I know what you mean about "unexpected vocabulary." Kylie pulled out the word "technique" on me the other day in an appropriate manner. I'm still trying to figure out where she learned it!