We celebrated President's Day by going to the zoo. A lot of people celebrated President's Day by going to the zoo. It was very crowded yesterday.
Feeding the birds is definitely one of my girls favorite things to do at the zoo. We did it first so they wouldn't ask about it all day. My friend's head was a good place for this bird to rest.
The carousel is another favorite activity of course.
My favorite animal today was the mother kangaroo.
Do you have something in there?
The little joey was very active inside the mother's pouch. If you look closely, you will see the joey's head popping out.
And the tail...
We had to get a picture by a big cat since Erin Joy is wearing a cat hat. We have pictures by the penguins too just for Rachel and her hat.
Erin Joy brought her turtle "Myrtle" (purchased at a 75% off after Valentine's Day sale) to see the turtles. She dressed her turtle for the weather and brought a couple of baby bottles to give Myrtle her medicine. Myrtle and her medicine spent most of the day in my backpack.
We saw more turtles in the play area.
I like to get a picture on this tree when we go to the zoo. I have several pictures of my kids sitting on this branch when they were really young. Rachel was too scared to sit on the branch yesterday. Erin Joy was a little nervous too after watching her sister fuss about it.
We found a couple of spiders in this web:
Waving at each other...
We really enjoyed learning about elephants from this zoo keeper. If we would have waited long enough, we could have watched him draw blood from one of the elephant's ears. They are hoping the elephant is ready for artificial insemination. It is time for a baby elephant. That would be fun!
Good friends...
Erin Joy enjoyed several free rides from her big sister. I can't figure out how Rachel can carry somebody who weighs as much as she does. I could NEVER carry anybody on my back that weighs as much as I do!!
Erin Joy wasn't quite as successful carrying Rachel on her back.
Checking out the penguins...this picture shows Erin Joy with no socks. Silly girl. I didn't notice she left the house with no socks. It was VERY cold outside. We have snow in our forecast and my daughter doesn't wear socks to the zoo. Sheesh! What kind of parent am I?? She has gone to school several times with no socks too. She really does have a drawer full of socks. I wish she would wear them!
Bad Internet
1 day ago










0 comments:
Post a Comment