Friday, April 22, 2011

Eggs and Sunshine

The sun came out! It has been so long since we have seen the sun. In fact, it snowed...a lot...just yesterday. The rain will be back Easter Sunday, but Friday and Saturday with sunshine AND temperatures FINALLY reaching 60 degrees is so exciting! I can handle rain if the sun would just come out once in awhile.


The sun was out today so we had to dye Easter Eggs outside (besides I didn't want dye on the carpet...) Our neighbor friends helped us dye the eggs.
Posing with their favorite egg...
Hiding and finding eggs...
Hiding and dying eggs didn't take long...the girls were too excited to ride their bikes in the sun. If you listen carefully, you will hear birds chirping in the video. I love birds. I love spring. I love sun. I love my girls!


The eggs were turned into deviled eggs so I could try out my new Pampered Chef egg holder thing.
The shells will be turned into "eggshell sidewalk chalk." Thank-you Rachel for bringing home a fun activity to try from school.
Grinding the eggshells with a rock...


Mixing the shells with a little flour and water...


Rolling it into sidewalk chalk...



The finished product...kind of...it takes three days to dry. We hope it really works:)

1 comments:

Mia said...

Happy Easter,Stacey!!! Hope you have a great day!!!