We had to reschedule Erin Joy's birthday's party because she was sick with the flu the day of her party. It seemed strange to celebrate her birthday two weeks after, but she didn't mind.
We went to a ceramic painting place because Erin Joy loves art.
Group picture:
We then went to McDonald's, her choice for her birthday dinner. She was so excited about her little bear she got in her Happy Meal. She said the bear was the only present she wanted for her birthday and Faith could have all the money as long as she could keep her bear. (She did receive family presents on her birthday two weeks ago, but she has a short memory).
While eating dinner, Rachel said that she might ask for donations for her birthday too. I was stunned. I didn't think Rachel would ever do anything like that. I hope she does. I hope both my girls grow up knowing how important it is to give to others. Generosity, kindness, and compassion are qualities I really want my children to develop. Besides, we have enough junk and toys cluttering our house:)
By the way, Erin Joy has had 13 laser treatments on her birthmark. It is amazing how much lighter it is than little Faith's. Erin Joy's birthmark was just as dark as Faith's before her laser treatments.
I just have to compare pictures. Here is a picture of Erin Joy as a baby:
I just learned from Amanda's blog at Chinese Starfish, that we share the same religious beliefs. I had no idea, but that makes our little donation even more exciting to me. Happy birthday, Erin Joy! Thanks for being generous and making a donation to a good cause:)











0 comments:
Post a Comment