Thursday, October 8, 2009

H1N1 Virus

Both girls have been very sick and tested positive for the H1N1 virus (swine flu). They are slowly recovering, but it has been a long week.  Erin Joy has been especially sick and spent a lot of time looking like this:
Bella Kitty has kept close vigil and enjoyed snuggling with Erin Joy.  


I have read two books so far.  The first was kind of boring and not worth talking about. The second one, A Walk in the Woods, was very entertaining.  Bill Bryson's writing style reminds me of Dave Barry or Patrick McManus.  He is very funny.  Several times I was laughing so hard that Rachel asked me to leave the room or shut the door between us.  Erin Joy was usually on my lap and told me to stop laughing because I was jiggling too much and it made her hurt all over.  Sorry girls.  It felt good to laugh hard in between worrying about my kids:)

If you want to learn more about the Appalachian Trail and want to read something humorous, this is a good choice.  Actually, I care nothing about the Appalachian Trail and just wanted something light, but found it interesting to learn about the trail...

I am very grateful I checked out three books at the library last week not knowing that my girls would get so sick and we'd be stuck in the house.  The girls and I have done a few art projects and played games.  We have been watching magic rocks grow, too.  I have also caught up on scrapbooking and had a great time playing cards online with my sisters.  The next thing on my list is to disinfect this house and maybe cross stitch and maybe read the third book I checked out.  

Of course, top of my list is to take care of my sweet girls and to keep praying that they continue to recover. 


0 comments: