Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mad Scientist

The only things I have ever had my students dissect are lima bean seeds and flowers. Dissecting animals makes me squeamish. I'm glad Erin Joy has a teacher who is not as squeamish as I am and definitely braver than I am to take on dissection with young children.   


Erin Joy attends public school 2 days a week and a private homeschool 2 days a week.  She goes to daycare on the fifth day.  It is a crazy, confusing schedule, but she is managing just fine.  Our district is trying to save money by providing all day kindergarten every other day.  I was very concerned about Erin Joy retaining information by going to school so infrequently.  She has come so far with her speech and with her academic learning that I was afraid she would really fall behind attending school just a few days a week.  I am so grateful that an amazing certified teacher has chosen to stay home and homeschool her own children this year.  She has graciously allowed Erin Joy to attend her class on the days that she isn't in public kindergarten.  I thought about just homeschooling her every day, but she receives speech services through the public school and I love having her in the same building I work in so I can see her once in awhile.  Erin Joy really enjoys both private school and public school.  She is doing well in both schools this year.  Phew:)  

Anyway, here are some great pictures that her home school teacher took.  Isn't she a cute scientist!  I love the pink goggles.  






0 comments: