Saturday, November 7, 2009

Mayflower Report

This is just a silly picture of Rachel and has nothing to do with the rest of this post.

I have always thought it was exciting to be related to John Howland who fell off the Mayflower and was rescued.  He was a servant to John Carver.  John Carver didn't have any children, therefore, he had no descendants.  John Howland married Elizabeth Tilley when she was almost 16 years old and he was at least ten years older.  They had 11 children, 10 of which survived and had children of their own.  A lot of people are descendants of John and Elizabeth Howland, but I still think it is fun.  


My parents recently returned from a trip to Plymouth to celebrate Thanksgiving (the first Thanksgiving was in October).  They took a lot of pictures.  I am excited to hear more about their adventures.  They talked with the actors playing John and Elizabeth and said that they were always in character and never left 1627.  

Rachel had to do a little project on the Mayflower.  Next week she gets to do a project on the pilgrims and the following week a project on the Wamanoag tribe.  I'm having a lot of fun with her projects too.  

Here is her Mayflower report:

0 comments: