Saturday, November 20, 2010

Award Winning Girl and Award Winning Sky

Good job, Rachel!!!
I loved the beautiful full moon tonight. It is so rare to see the moon around here especially during the winter because it rains so often, but tonight it was full and bright. I took several pictures with my bad camera and none of them begin to show how beautiful it was. The sky was midnight blue and hadn't turned completely dark yet. The air was crisp and cold. What a great night for looking at the skies!

I told my kids that I hoped my fourth grade students were looking for their constellations tonight (we are currently studying astronomy in science). Rachel responded by saying, "Of course they're not looking at the stars, Mom. They are playing video games and watching TV." I laughed, but unfortunately, she is probably right. Too bad. The world is so beautiful and there are so many fun things to see and do...it's sad to waste time with video games and TV.


0 comments: