Friday, November 12, 2010

Veteran's Day Fun

Rachel really, really wants ice skating lessons. She wants to be a skating princess for Disney on Ice when she grows up. I told her we would go ice skating a few times and see how she liked it. I didn't think she would like it. I don't like it. I didn't even get skates for myself. Erin Joy went around once clutching the wall. She began her second round, fell, sobbed loudly, and had to be helped by a nice man who brought her crying hysterically to me. That was the end of Erin Joy's ice skating experience.Unfortunately, Rachel liked it. She didn't get too far from the wall, but she thinks she is ready to be a skating princess. We'll go again because Rachel had so much fun, but next time Erin Joy and I will both watch from the sidelines :)
We then went to the Children's Museum to play with our friends whom we don't see often enough.
Isn't she adorable!!! She is the newly adopted daughter of my friends and I was so excited to finally meet her.
The art project was making flags and bricks for the "Veteran Wall of Thanks." The girls made their bricks for their Great-Uncle Lyle, my mother's twin brother, who served in Vietnam.




In the "Glow Room" without the flash....
And with a flash...

Making money to spend in the restaurant and movie theater...


The roof-top adventure is a lot of fun until it starts to rain...


"A table for three please."




Dancing in a dark room and me trying to take a picture with the flash...

Looking for the bricks they made on the the "Wall of Thanks."
This one was hung upside down. Ooops. Erin Joy was a little upset about the upside down brick and even more upset when I laughed. This is the reason for the frown in the picture.



0 comments: