Tuesday, June 10, 2008

40 Years Young

Happy Birthday to me, I'm as old as a tree.
My life is half over
I'm getting much slower.



I celebrated my birthday at a local Mexican restaurant with my girls. Rachel took a picture of Erin Joy and I. I put candles in my burrito...one candle for each decade. The candles are special candles from China. Three years ago I celebrated my birthday in China a day before leaving for the states and a day after Erin Joy had her consulate appointment. The candles are left over from a very memorable cake. We celebrated Rachel's first birthday in China, too. Birthdays remind me of China.

I uploaded a couple of funny birthday videos into my family's blog. You can access it by clicking HERE. My sister's birthday was two days before mine. She came home from the hospital on my fifth birthday. It took me many years to figure out how she could be younger than me if her birthday was before mine.





Check out this yummy dessert! I love Mexican fried ice cream. Rachel and Erin Joy didn't care for it so I ate most of it by myself.









PRESENTS FROM MY GIRLS

Rachel gave me a gazelle that she chose out of the prize box in her kindergarten class. I told her that was so nice of her to think of me instead of herself on my birthday. She told me, "There weren't any good prizes in the box so I decided I might as well get something for you." So thoughtful. She also gave me a nice card.

Erin Joy chose two special rocks and decorated them for me. I'll have to keep them forever.

4 comments:

lisa said...

Happy Birthday!! My birthday is in March...not June! Happy 40th! I think the shirt story is hilarious...or sad...I still wear the same clothes too!

bec said...

it sounds like you had a good birthday! do you still feel like 20?

we'll have to celebrate when you come here ;) i'll make some good salsa

Monica said...

Happy Birthday, Stacey!

BTW, Flat Scott got here. He'll be going to Colorado with us, me...something. I've only watched part of the movie, haven't gotten to finish it yet.

Monica

jodyfoznot said...

Happy, happy birthday, dear one! May the Lord wrap His arms around you in a big, birthday hug, telling you how special you are to Him.