Thursday, April 1, 2010

Capitol Reef and Arches

I love the old church next to the new church. The old church is still used for community events in the small town of Torrey. Torrey was full of old pioneer homes.
This schoolhouse in Fruita, Utah was used until 1941. Between 8 and 26 1st-8th grade students attended at one time.
Petroglyphs on the side of cliff walls were fun to find.

A family of ten lived in this cabin. I'm not kidding. I will NEVER complain about my house being too small again!!
Time for a little fun at a park in Green River...
We went on a few hikes in Arches, but nothing over 1 mile. I think a blister on his foot and joining my 7-month pregnant sister and her 2 small children slowed my father down. I'm grateful...I was stiff and sore from hiking so much. There was plenty to see by going on short hikes off the side of the road.





Sand Dune Arch would have been a great place to play if the wind wasn't blowing so hard. The sand blowing in our faces really stung and made the children cry. It's a good thing they were easy to bribe with happy hiker gummy worms so they would continue to the arch.



Delicate Arch...the one on the Utah license plate...

0 comments: