Thursday, April 22, 2010

Preparing to Sell My House

I am hoping to sell my house before it floods or before another landslide hits it. More than a year after the slide, the lawsuit is FINALLY over. I am out of here!!!


I have too many books. It was hard to go through them but I did manage to give away five boxes of books. I kept eight boxes. I have SIX empty book shelves (except for the one lonely book on the shelf. I'm going to read it then pass it on to a thrift store.)
I have decided to give my piano to a neighbor who would love it. She plays the piano, but doesn't have one. We will probably be moving into an apartment for a year, then perhaps to China, or perhaps to a condo or perhaps to a house. I don't really know, but I do know I really don't want to move the heavy piano around. I have been playing it every night the past few days so I will have a memory. I will definitely buy another piano when I am settled someplace. It is hard to say good-bye to my beautiful antique piano...

I will be painting over my daughters' handprints on the wall too. Time for neutral paint...
These wonderful gentlemen removed the moss from my roof and cleaned the gutters.
This lovely young lady helped my girls pack one box of toys each and give the rest to charity. I'm grateful she helped them because they would have been more upset if I would have been the one helping them.

After packing toys, they enjoyed the sun and the dandelions.



1 comments:

Beth Tunnell said...

Since unpacking my books a couple weeks ago, I think I found one that is yours. Following Christ? I'm so sorry that I've had it for so long. But it's a good one that I'm sure you'd like to have back, and not too big. I'm sure we could slip it into one of your book boxes. Good luck with the house. Are you going to stay in Washington?