Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Great Year in Kindergarten

I was so worried about Erin Joy's first year of school. In order to save money, the district decided to have all day kindergarten two days a week and alternating Wednesdays. What a horrible idea...especially for children with special needs who need consistency. I feel very blessed that the year has turned out much better than expected. A former teacher in our district decided to homeschool her children. She agreed to take a few more children including my daughter. Erin Joy attends public education on Tuesdays, Fridays, and alternating Wednesdays. When she is not in public school, she is with her homeschool group.


I am amazed at all things her homeschool teacher has done throughout the year. I'm sure it is easier with fewer children, but it is still amazing. Erin Joy loves going to school. Her teacher decided to get school pictures to be included in a memory book. I was excited about the bonus school pictures...especially high quality pictures.


The geography board is one example of the many great projects they have done this year. The board is huge and definitely not something we need to keep especially since we are trying to pack and clean our house. We took a picture of it instead. Erin Joy refused to let me recycle it, but agreed to give it to somebody as a gift. I wonder who the lucky recipient will be....

2 comments:

Beth Tunnell said...

You could have a contest for all of your faithful blog followers...

Stacey said...

Oh, that's hilarious:) You'd win. Do you want it, Beth? Actually, she is going to give it to her public school kindergarten teacher today. Her teacher can recycle it after school when she isn't looking.