Friday, May 7, 2010

Counting My Chickens Before They Hatch

My house won't be ready to put on the market for a month, so I'm not ready to make an offer on anything yet. This house is so cheap (land was bank-owned and the builder is passing on the huge savings to buyers). This is one of three houses still available, but this one is my favorite. I would love to own this house. With my luck, my house will take a year to sell and this won't be available in a year. But maybe I will get lucky??
The sign says 4 bedrooms, but there are really 3. That is enough for us. Notice the square footage...the rooms are pretty small. It will work for us though. We were lucky enough to get inside because somebody was inside laying linoleum. The carpet will be put in next week. I asked if they could put in hardwood floors instead. Too late. Shucks.
Check out the view! It is even better in real life. Nice!
Notice the sidewalk by the house. This is a community path leading eventually to the river. THE HOUSE IS ON HIGH GROUND SO IT WILL NEVER FLOOD. This is important to me:) We haven't gone all the way to the river yet, but we will check it out one day.
The community sidewalk leads to the back of the house. That's a big backyard that somebody has to mow.
The path leads to this natural protected area.

We explored for a little while.

Oh, my! Check out the great view of the river from the trail. I'm in love!
I like this feature. A place to put some of my many Chinese treasures.
The walk-in closet in the Master Bedroom.
There are three bedrooms. Two of them are good sized, but the one I like is the smallest because it has the best view. I hope a bed fits in the smallest room (bigger than a twin that is...)
This is the view out of the window of the bedroom I choose. All three of us want a different room so it is perfect. Erin Joy chose the master bedroom with the bathroom and the walk-in closet. Rachel didn't want it because I said that this room needed to be the playroom as well. She didn't want to share her room with the toys. Perfect. She can have the other good sized room next to my little tiny room with the view:)
There are 2.5 bathrooms. Rachel was excited because she thought there were 25 bathrooms. It was a good decimal teaching moment:)
The kitchen is small, but the view out the window is great.
This very, very, very long driveway with a huge front lawn is scaring me. Who will mow that lawn? Who will shovel snow? Who will drag the garbage out? Me? Oh dear....

The house is on 1/2 acre. Oh dear. I really don't want that much yard work. I'm not sure if I can really handle it. The driveway really should be paved. Things to think about...

0 comments: