Friday, October 15, 2010

Better than Last Year's H1N1/Swine Flu Fun

We have been dealing with a nasty bug at our house for over a month. I finally went to the doctor and learned I had walking pneumonia, a sinus infection, and an ear infection. Erin Joy has had similar symptoms. When a coughing fit at school led to her throwing up in her classroom, I figured it was time to take her to the doctor too.

They told her to smile pretty for her chest x-ray so I took a picture too:)

The doctor and I were both surprised and relieved that she does NOT have pneumonia. She had it last year after she was really sick with the Swine Flu. I am so grateful her chest x-ray showed that her lungs were as beautiful and clear as her beautiful toothless grin.

We are both taking antibiotics and we should both be up and running soon. (Actually, she'll be up and running...I'll just be up and walking...running might kill me....)


After our doctor visit, we came home to a surprise package from our cousins. Check out these cute bears:
Erin Joy quickly chose the pink one and named it either "Pinkie Pie" or "Glimmer." She can't quite decide yet.
Rachel chose the purple one and named it "Shine." I get the blue one by default, but it is my favorite so I lucked out! I named mine "YongYo" which is the name it came with. "YongYo" means "Forever Friend." Very sweet:) My bear will be my forever friend.

The girls arranged the bears on a chair and gave them headbands. The bears are watching a movie on the computer.

0 comments: