Sunday, October 24, 2010

Preparing for Halloween and Other Stuff

I thought it would be fun to have "jack o' lantern pumpkin pancakes" for breakfast. We should have decorated the jack o' lanterns with something healthy like blueberries, bananas, strawberries, or something. Candy for breakfast was a bigger hit than the pumpkin pancakes that nobody liked except for me! Erin Joy made a "mouse jack o' lantern." She's my creative child...I think she just wanted more candy...

Rachel's little pumpkin was fast and easy to decorate. She glued on eyes and drew a mouth with a sharpie. Meanwhile, Erin Joy spent at least an hour on her masterpiece. (By the way, the girls are in their pajamas because I figured they could get dressed AFTER they made a mess on their pajamas.)
Erin Joy's pumpkin is rotting fast. I hope it makes it until Halloween...


Phase one...the stickers...
Phase two...the paint...

Erin Joy decorated both sides of her pumpkin. She had a great time with the paint.


I was the only person this year who actually carved my pumpkin. I created a barf o' lantern! I was inspired by my nephew and his love for these silly videos. (Preview before watching with children because it has a couple of bad words.)
Our masterpieces:

Erin Joy is so proud that she has finally mastered the monkey bars. Rachel wanted to show off her new trick on the bars too. (I took this video a few days ago after school...)

0 comments: