Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Surprise

I loved the sweet Mother's Day gifts that my girls made in school and presented to me complete with hugs and kisses. I thought my Mother's Day surprises were over. Nope. While enjoying a fizzy bath, I heard whispered voices planning a surprise. Several times I said, "I sure would like a clean house. A clean house would be a great gift. I would love a clean house surprise for Mother's Day." Well, the clean house didn't happen, but I was presented with another surprise.

After being pestered to get out of my nice warm fizzy tub, my girls said, "Surprise! We made you lunch for Mother's Day!"

Rachel presented me with chips and salsa. Definitely a favorite of mine....

Erin Joy presented me with another favorite, hot and sour soup. She made it with left over Captain Crunch cereal and milk that had been sitting on the table for a few hours, left over mashed potatoes and gravy from the fridge, a few raisins, salsa, and Italian salad dressing all mixed together with love.

It tastes about as good as it looks. Yes, I actually tasted it. I told her I would have one bite now and save the rest for after church. I hope she forgets about it after church....

Happy Mother's Day!!! I love being a mother and I love surprises from my girls!!

2 comments:

lamamachina said...

I know Erin Joy created that concoction with love but it looks really gross! LOL!

Kristi said...

Those are amazing presents! I love the creativity =)