Yesterday, Erin Joy and I made a Mother's Day wheelbarrow at Home Depot while Rachel was at dance class. By the way, the August project is a message board with Chinese characters. Home Depot has free kid projects the first Saturday of every month. My girls love it! They have quite a few pins from various projects on their Home Depot aprons. We love the high quality projects. We are really excited about August's project (at least I am) and since many people that read this blog also have children adopted from China, I thought you might want to know.
While Erin Joy was at dance class, Rachel and I enjoyed hot and sour soup at our favorite restaurant.
We then went to the zoo to see the new penguin exhibit. It rained in the morning and cleared up just in time for the zoo. Just when we were ready to leave the zoo, it poured. We left all of our rain gear in the car, so we were SOAKED walking back to the car. It was fun until it started raining. It was fun even when it rained. I sang, "I'm singing in the rain." Rachel started to sing, "I'm freezing in the rain." Erin Joy started to cry.
We didn't have much time so we didn't see much of the zoo. We did enjoy the penguins, gorillas, a puppet show, and feeding the birds. We'll just have to go back another day to see more. By the way, we loved the gorilla showing off for us. He would stop playing, but then we would clap and he would start playing the log like a drum. He was definitely doing it for the audience. (I am assuming it was a "he." It could have been a "she." Definitely a teenage gorilla showing off though). We were glad to see the gorilla show because we didn't make it to the orangutans and we love the orangutans.
Anyway, here is a movie with pictures from our day. Rachel chose the music so it has nothing to do with the pictures. I couldn't stand to use "Going to the Zoo" again.










4 comments:
I like the music!! (and pictures too)
thanks for the tip on HD, we've never been.
sounds like our saturday. I was coaching katie's soccer game when the heavans OPENED. We were all soaked.
Reese went with Dad to Home Depot Saturday. They thought they were going to make a bird house, but apparently that was last month. She made a wheel barrow, too, and planted some little flowers in a pot for Mom for Mother's Day. The nice people at our local Home Depot gave her the pin for the bird house as well, even though she hadn't built it. :P She thought it was fun, and was quite proud of her wheel barrow. Maybe I'll accompany next month and take some shots.
Monica
http://kaijinsbigsis.blogspot.com
Lucky girls! Sounds like a fun day!
Post a Comment