We enjoyed our first hike of the summer yesterday on the Lime Kiln Trail. We enjoy exploring the old mining areas near our little town.
Going around a big puddle...
NINE trees were growing from one nurse log...
Stopping to smell the flowers...


Stopping to look at a pretty creek...
Looks like a rain forest to me...


I love this little bridge surrounded by green...

Mighty big banana slug...
Happy hiker chips...
We made it this far and turned back. A landslide washed away part of the trail. It was possible to cross, but it was getting dark, I was the only adult, and I worried about losing a child or myself down the side. Erin Joy was crying because she discovered stinging nettle. We never made it to the lime kiln or the artifacts. We have been there before and we will go again. I'll take another adult with me next time so I will feel more confident to cross the slide area.
I enjoy my bedtime entertainment. Erin Joy has had fun with our new toilet seats. I laugh in the middle of Rachel's leopard performance because she passed gas. The house is a mess because of the lovely new paint. The interior is painted. New carpet will be installed next week and the exterior will be painted whenever it stops raining. I sure hope somebody buys it.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the show as much as I did:)










0 comments:
Post a Comment