Sunday, July 11, 2010

Theodore Roosevelt National Park (North Dakota)

Teddy's Deli was in Keystone, SD. We had to eat there because my dad loves Teddy Roosevelt. It was great food too. I forgot to include the pictures in my Mt. Rushmore post. I put them here just for my dad.

The following pictures were taken in Medora, ND. The whole town is a little tourist trap at the entrance of TR National Park.
We shopped for a TR souvenir for my father and had a hard time finding something. My girls wanted to buy cowgirl hats, but eventually settled for a picture.
We rode the little train around town to learn of the history of the town. Only 25 people live in the town year-round. The rest of the people just live here during the summer to work in various shops or perform in the musical that they have nightly. It was a fun little town.


My girls loved the town park.


This is where Theodore Roosevelt's ranch used to be. Apparently, there is a lot of buffalo, elk, and deer here, but we didn't see any. We did see A LOT of prairie dogs. My girls really love prairie dogs and I think they are kind of cute too.
Not the most beautiful national park I have ever seen...glad I don't live in North Dakota.
Restored cabin used by Teddy Roosevelt...

I'm glad I can put a push pin in North Dakota on my map of the USA showing that I have been there. I really don't want to go again:) I am trying to visit all 50 states before I die. I have several left....

0 comments: