I can't believe summer is more than half over and we haven't been to Jetty Island until today. It is one of my favorite local places to play during the summer. We love the free, little ferry ride to the island. We love to play on the wonderful sandy beach. It is one of the few beaches around that has sand instead of rocks.
The weather was perfect today! We had a great time playing in the water, flying kites from the dollar store that quickly fell apart, building sand castles, and watching a puppet show "Litter Wars" starring Darth SeaGull, Luke Waterwalker, R-2-Sea-Through the Sea Jelly, and other such characters.
I wish summer would never end....
I just saw this video about kite boarding at Jetty Island in the "related videos" connected to the one I just made. We saw a lot of kite-boarders today. Doesn't this look fun? I certainly will never do it, but it's fun to watch.










0 comments:
Post a Comment