Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lucky Day


A trip to the dentist usually means lots of tears, refusal to sit in the dentist chair, and bribery. I always dread taking my kids to the dentist or to the doctor.  I decided that their behavior would at least give me something humorous to blog about.  Well, yesterday was different.


They actually WILLINGLY sat in chairs, WILLINGLY opened their mouths, and WILLINGLY followed directions.  I almost fainted in disbelief.  

None of us have cavities.  YIPPEE!!!  We are all finally fully covered by my insurance now.  (Coverage starts at 70%, then moves up in increments of 10% until it finally reaches 100%.  This is Erin Joy's first time at being covered 100%.)

It was a successful, free trip to the dentist.

While we were at the dentist, our car was at the mechanic.  Rachel's seat belt has been stuck in place for awhile and she has been sitting in the middle with only a lap belt.  Not only is this not really safe, she is too close to Erin Joy and they touch each other, hit each other, cry too much, and bother me while I'm driving.  (Not that they don't do this normally, but close proximity only heightens the problem.)

I really want a new car.  I almost bought a new car because the seat belt was broken.  I'm not kidding.  I even looked at cars awhile ago.  I'm tired of no air-conditioning, a fan that only blows hot air, a broken seat belt, and a car that is pushing 300,000 miles.  It's a Toyota.  It will never die.  It has been a great car, but I sure would like a new one.

I really can't afford a car payment so I took my car with its broken seat belt to the mechanic.

I love my mechanic.  He told me a new seat belt would be about $150, but he could get a used one for cheaper than that.  He told me to bring the car in and he would look at it before ordering a seat belt.  When he opened it up, he found a big rolled up mess up of seat belt.  He was able to just straighten it out, stick it back in, and it worked just fine.

What a great guy!  He didn't charge me anything.  Not even labor!  A free trip to the dentist and a free trip to the mechanic.  What a great, lucky day!

We just made peanut butter cookies for the mechanic.  It's the least we can do....

By the way, notice the great headband that Aunt Carma made.  I think it looks so cute and matches so well with her polka dotted skirt.  We love all of our bows and headbands that Aunt Carma made and gave to us.  Thanks, Aunt Carma!

0 comments: