Friday, October 24, 2008

Jack-o-Lantern Carving

We enjoyed a beautiful evening outside carving our pumpkins. Erin Joy carefully designed her pumpkin and I cut it for her. The pictures don't even begin to show all the details she put on her pumpkin. The pictures don't show how crooked her pumpkin is either. It doesn't stand up straight. It is definitely a jack-o-lantern with personality. The best kind.

Rachel REFUSED to carve her pumpkin. You would have thought I was a deranged murderer or something by her reaction to my suggestion of carving her pumpkin. She did not want me taking a knife to her precious Rosie Pumpkin. Sweet Rosie: the pumpkin that was so selectively chosen.

This year we will have one carved jack-o-lantern and one uncarved jack-o-lantern. I'm using my pumpkin as a serving bowl for pumpkin soup. I'll take a picture of it and post a recipe when I actually make it. I like it, but not enough to eat it more than once a year. One of my girls liked it last year and one didn't. I can't remember which one. I'll find out soon.



1 comments:

christine.le-maux said...

Congrats girls !
Beautiful Jack-o-lantern !
Holidays time for us and next week we will be carving pumpkins !
Christine from france and her girls