Thursday, October 2, 2008

She'll Never be a Taxpayer

The following conversation took place at our dinner table last night:

Rachel: Do you have to pay for me to go to school?

Me: No, you go to a public school and it's free.

Rachel: I never want to be a principal then.

Me (confused where the conversation was going): Why not?

Rachel: Because they have to pay the teachers and teachers make a lot of money.

Me: Actually, the principals don't pay the teachers, the taxpayers pay the teachers.

Rachel: Oh. I never want to be a taxpayer then.

She doesn't want to be a principal or a taxpayer because teachers make so much money. Sounds logical to me! I should have asked her why she thought teachers make a lot of money. Her mother is a teacher. We are certainly not rolling in the dough over here, but maybe she thinks we are rich. Rich with blessings, that's for sure.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful perspective ... hope you'll take a minute to appreciate how bless you are. Thanks for being such a good cousin/aunt to Dan's family!

U. Doug