We had a blast at Remlinger Farms with friends yesterday. While I waited for the video to upload, I made magazine covers out of a few of my favorite pictures. I loved the pictures I took on the little roller coaster, but they didn't fit well on any of the magazine covers. I was sitting in the seat in front of the girls so I turned around and took pictures of them. The pictures were blurry, but still cute. I learned sitting backwards and taking pictures on a roller coaster (even a kiddie roller coaster) isn't a good idea if you want to keep your lunch down.
Anyway, it was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and the beautiful fall colors were amazing. Even the girls noticed the beautiful mountains, trees, lakes, and rivers as we drove over an hour through gorgeous back roads to get to the farm.
We ended the day by picking pumpkins. Our pumpkin choices reflected our personalities.
Me: I wanted a big pumpkin. Only a perfectly round, bright orange pumpkin with a good stem would do for me. I ended up with a smaller pumpkin than my original selection though for two reasons: a smaller pumpkin was cheaper and I didn't want to carry a big pumpkin. That's my personality: cheap and not wanting to work harder than is necessary.
Erin Joy: Sweet Erin Joy didn't really care about her pumpkin selection. She chose the first pumpkin she saw. It was mis-shaped with definite personality. She is so easy-going. She will accept any choice that is made whether it be which restaurant we eat at, which clothes to wear, which game to play and so forth. This makes life so much easier because her big sister is certainly very, very opinionated.
Which leads to Rachel...
Rachel had to have the perfect pumpkin. She wanted a small one. In 2006, she had a little sugar pumpkin that she decorated and named "Rosie." Rosie slept with her. Rosie played with her. Rosie was a good friend. I had to convince Rachel to take Rosie outside and let her sleep on the swings when Rosie started to get old. I was afraid she would start rotting in the house. Poor Rachel was devastated. Every day she would push Rosie in the swing and talk to her before leaving her outside. Well, that was the year of the big flood. After the swing set floated around, the neighbor's deck came crashing through the fence, and other such damage, I had to talk to Rachel about Rosie. Rosie was the first thing Rachel asked about after the flood. I told her Rosie was gone. She sobbed. I was wrong however. When the swing set was finally uprighted, lodged under the seat of the swing was Rosie. I'm not kidding. Rosie was a survivor. She was so muddy and disgusting that I decided to just throw her into the compost heap because Rachel already thought she was gone so why make her grieve twice for eventually poor Rosie would finally rot?
Phew, I didn't mean to get so long-winded. Rachel hasn't mentioned Rosie in a long time. She remembered Rosie yesterday and she was determined to find a replacement for Rosie. Unfortunately, the pumpkin farm grew big pumpkins and not little sugar pumpkins. After searching and searching and her mother finally telling her to just choose one because Erin Joy REALLY had to go to the bathroom, she settled for a very small, but perfect pumpkin.
She named it Rosie. She wanted to bring it into the house when we got home. She told me that she is NOT going to carve it. She wanted to sleep with it. NO WAY!! We all sleep together. Two girls, many stuffed animals, one cat, and one mom is more than enough for one bed. I refuse to sleep with a pumpkin. (When she had her previous Rosie Pumpkin, she was sleeping by herself. I have given up on making them sleep in their own beds. They always ended up in bed with me anyway so why not begin the night that way.)
I really didn't mean to write so much. I guess this is what happens when I wake up too early in the morning. I wonder if anybody really read the whole thing? Maybe my mother will read the whole thing. I hope you at least watch the little video at the bottom of this long post. It is only 3 minutes long. I just downloaded a free Halloween song off the internet. I hope you all enjoy "The Monster Mash."
well, stace i made it to the end. haven't watched the movie yet, though. i am waiting for mallory. anyway, sounds like a fun day and glad you found a pumpkin!
I loved your movie and I am jealous that you have so much fun without me!!! I Feel like a kid again myself being back in school. But you blog always refreshes me. Thanks for sharing. Hugz, Shellie
2 comments:
well, stace i made it to the end. haven't watched the movie yet, though. i am waiting for mallory. anyway, sounds like a fun day and glad you found a pumpkin!
I loved your movie and I am jealous that you have so much fun without me!!! I Feel like a kid again myself being back in school. But you blog always refreshes me. Thanks for sharing. Hugz, Shellie
Post a Comment