A recent conversation with Rachel went something like this:
"Mom, I know that you are really the Tooth Fairy."
"Why do you think so?"
"You told me that the reason I can't fly is because my bones aren't hollow like a bird. That means that fairies really can't fly either because their bones aren't hollow. That means fairies aren't real. A fairy really can't bring me money. I know you did it."
I confessed. I then told her it was fun to pretend and can we keep pretending. She told me we could keep pretending. Sheesh...she is growing way too fast and is getting way too smart. She then jumped in to Santa Claus.
"I know Santa Claus is real though because we don't have a chimney and he still can get in with a magic key. Besides, you can't be Santa Claus because he always brings lots of toys and you don't have enough money."
I laughed. She is right. Santa does bring too many toys...more than her mother can afford. He must be real.
She continued, "The elves aren't real though. I know that Santa doesn't really have elves that make all the toys. I know he really buys them at the store."
Glad she has it all figured out...
Bad Internet
1 day ago










0 comments:
Post a Comment