I think it will take a year before my house looks presentable again, but is certainly looking MUCH better than it did in January with mud, trees, water, and other debris piled next to it.
I pressure washed the side of my house a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe all the dirt and rocks UNDER the siding. It really was a mess. There was a hole about 2 inches in diameter in the paneling under the siding.
Finished!
I have planted grass. I know the grass won't take care of the pond that forms every time it rains, but it will help. The birds flock to the standing water and have enjoyed eating the grass seed. They lost their bird feeder in the landslide so I suppose they can eat my grass seed.
I hope the drainage system and stabilizing the slope doesn't take forever. I can't even begin to express how terrible I feel suing my neighbors, but there really isn't anything else I can do. The attorney bills are no fun either....
I used to really look forward to spring in my yard because the bank was covered with wild bleeding hearts. There are now scattered patches growing in the mud and debris. Grow little flowers grow!!!










1 comments:
great progress!!
Post a Comment