Monday, May 16, 2011

Barbie-Q

While Rachel had her ice skating lessons, Erin Joy and I enjoyed a little walk in the rain. (We are hopeful that the sun will shine sometime. We have not had two days of sun in a row since October. We only had two days of "partly sunny" skies in April. We had snow TWICE in April. May isn't looking very good either. That's my weather complaint of the day/week/year....)


Anyway, back to the original topic of my post....

While enjoying our walk on another gray, rainy, cold day, an exhibit in a thrift store caught our attention. Erin Joy wanted to buy all the Barbies. I was glad the place was closed. I found the display very disturbing. I took pictures anyway because I happened to have my camera and I thought it would make a fun post. I have nothing else to blog about at the moment. Unless you want to hear about the miserable weather....have I mentioned our horrible, miserable weather:)

Anyway...here are some pictures from the disturbing Barbie-Q display:

Barbie-Q?? Seriously??
What is happening to the pool of Kens?? Are they being barbecued? Are they swimming? Are they trying to escape the mob of disturbed Barbies??
I think these Barbies and Kens need names....

Decapitated Ken:
Lost-His-Mind Ken:
Naked Flower Barbies and Ken:

Diseased Barbie (I didn't make that name up...look closely at her price tag...):
Vet Barbie:
Gangster-Homeless Ken:
Rooting-for-the-Wrong-Team Barbie:
Need-to-Take-a-Bath Barbie:
Bad-Hair-Day-Bride Barbie:
Too-Drunk-to-Finish-Dressing Barbie:
Too-Much-Cleavage Barbie:
Ninja Barbie and Tap-Dancing Barbie:
Cowgirl Barbie:
And in another window...two cats for Erin Joy to play with through the glass. She was thrilled:)


1 comments:

Deb said...

OMG--I laughed out loud! (Whoever arranged that display needs therapy).