We had so much fun yesterday! We started the day with a 5 mile bike ride which just about killed me. Time to exercise and get in shape...
We went home, showered, and changed into our "Mary Poppins" outfits. We then went to the Children's Museum to see the "Shoe Box Zoo" which included animals from a middle school science teacher's classroom. The girls enjoyed making their own "Shoe Box" zoo.
Looking at creatures...
I'm the one holding bugs because NEITHER girl would touch the bugs. The millipede was my favorite. It was very tickly! Rachel touched the tortoises and chinchilla, but Erin Joy touched nothing and even refused to look in the magnifying glass at the snails.
Erin Joy climbed UP the pole before sliding down. I was impressed:)
Rachel's favorite has always been the monkey bars.
We then enjoyed dinner at our favorite restaurant. Yummy!!
The girls entertained themselves by taking random pictures around the restaurant. They took over 50 pictures....here are just a few...
We then stopped at a great park for about 30 minutes. Nothing like playing in dresses...and winter coats...still waiting for spring...at least the rain wasn't heavy....just a bit drizzly...
WAHOO!!!! Mary Poppins!!! I have been so excited to see this musical! We couldn't get good seats for the matinee performance so we ended up going at 8:00. The show was THREE hours long and we didn't get home until midnight. I kept nudging Erin Joy to stay awake. I told her I didn't pay $80 a ticket...$240 for her to take a nap!! Parking was $20, CD $25, and a silly magnet $10. That was an expensive show! But, well worth it!!
Fascinated by the 1923 player piano...










1 comments:
Wow! that centipede looks disgusting. We wanted to go see Mary Poppins, too. But it was so late. Why do they have musicals aimed at families so late? I'm glad it was worth it!
Post a Comment