Sunday, March 22, 2009

Blast from the Past

After dance class today, I ventured into the neighborhood where I lived over 10 years ago.  At the time I was living there, the park across the street was being remodeled.  I donated money to buy a brick for the sidewalk.  I wonder if Joe remembers this.  I wonder if he remembers playing in this park.  I wonder if he remembers his friends whose brick was placed right above his.  I haven't talked to him for at least two years.  When I last talked to him, he was over 6 feet tall and talked about girlfriends.  How fast children grow.  I need to talk to him again.  
I'm so glad to have my girls.  I'm so glad that they are mine and I don't ever have to say goodbye as I did for the children I fostered.  These were my thoughts as I watched them play in the park that I remember from years ago.

0 comments: