Friday, March 13, 2009

I Can't Believe My Car Looks Like This

When I bought my car new in 1995, I NEVER let anybody eat in it.  I watched two children every Saturday and when they wanted a snack I seriously pulled the car over and made them have a snack on the side of the road.  I'm not kidding.  Well...things are certainly different now.

It was sunny and warm yesterday.  The perfect day for cleaning the inside of the car.  

Look at all the great treasures under Erin Joy's carseat.   

Here is the floor....sheesh...I can't believe people actually drive around in cars that look like this...how disgusting!
My girls were very helpful.  They washed the car with snow.  Rachel even used her dirty gardening gloves.  She started throwing snowballs at me while I was cleaning the inside of the car.  I just had to throw snowballs back at her.  The car was then full of snow.

Oh well, I just vacuumed up the dirty snow along with all the food, wrappers, toys, and even a straw that was sucked up by my powerful wet/dry vacuum that I got at a garage sale for $1.00.


Here she comes armed with a snowball.....
After helping me clean the car, they played in their "secret" house.  Notice the buds on the trees...I really think spring is finally coming!!
I really miss all the wild bleeding hearts that used to cover the bank before the landslide.  Look what I discovered...a few tenacious bleeding hearts fighting their way through the mud and rock debris!  May they grow and multiply and cover the bank once again...
We still have snow, but the flowers are no longer under snow.  They survived and look pretty good considering what they went through...




4 comments:

lamamachina said...

beautiful flowers, it does look like spring!

I went thru the same thing last week when I turned my car in.
It was embarrassing

Kristi said...

Wonderful rebirth after a rough winter! Glad to see all the signs of hope!

Beth Tunnell said...

We started cleaning out our car every Saturday after finding mold around Britton's carseat! So, don't feel too bad. But I remember some good times in your car! Singing disney songs and cramming way too many kids in there. The Lord must have been blessing us since we were just leaving Seminary...

And your flowers are beautiful! Hooray for Spring!

Eliza2006 said...

Thank you for posting pics of your car! Mine is in sever need of a good cleaning...you made me feel normal!