We had a great time at the ice caves yesterday with our cousins and friends. I am so glad they have FINALLY built a new bridge across the river so we can hike the trail again. The bridge was destroyed in the flood of 2006 and it has been frustrating waiting for a new bridge. The new bridge looks very sturdy and should survive the next flood. It had better NOT flood again...especially while I still live here...
Anyway, I love hiking to the ice caves because it is an easy hike and yet so beautiful. I was so excited about the new bridge I took pictures of it and included the pictures in the little movie.
I think everybody else must be excited about the new bridge because it was very crowded yesterday. We had trouble finding a place to park and there were more people at the caves than I have ever seen before. The caves are just beginning to form so they are small. We will have to go again next month to see the progression of the melting snow.
After hiking to the caves, we enjoyed playing by our river and eating a yummy dutch oven dinner. Right now, I am eating very moist chocolate cake and ice cream and trying to not get it on the computer keyboard.
Erin Joy and Rachel narrated the movie so you can hear about our day from their perspective. I'm not sure why Rachel has to talk about me going to the bathroom. She makes it sound like I went to the bathroom in the river. Sheesh. I have to explain that a little bit. The kids were throwing rocks into the river and I really was desperate to use the restroom. I left them at the river with the adults in our group while I continued on the trail to the lovely outhouse at the parking lot. When she talks about "big ones" and "small ones" she is talking about the size of the caves.
It is a good thing Erin Joy had her helpful walking sticks. It certainly helped her on our little strenuous hike:)
By the way, the date is wrong in the movie. It was the 18th and not the 17th. I didn't realize it until I had already uploaded it and I don't feel like fixing it. Anyway, here are pictures from the ice caves and a few from the river with excellent narration provided by Rachel and Erin Joy:










0 comments:
Post a Comment