This picture summarizes our trip. We have had so much fun playing that we sometimes forget to sleep. Poor Erin Joy was too exhausted to stay awake while we shopped for groceries to replenish our supplies while camping.On July 3rd, we went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house. It was so beautiful and so wonderful to be able to teach my children as we toured the various rooms. It was very crowded. I was trying to meet a friend, but there were so many people that we never saw each other. We did see L. Tom Perry. He even cut in front of us in line. We saw him after the tour too. He is our cousin so it was especially exciting to meet him. He was very friendly and talked with us briefly.
Rachel knew I was taking a picture of her shaking L. Tom Perry's hand. I was a little slow with the camera so this is a picture of her right after the handshake saying "did you get that picture?"
My mother is his cousin. Look at their noses. Yep, definitely related. I'm glad I have my father's nose. (I just have to throw that in to see if my beautiful mother actually reads my blog...)Our cousin/niece was baptized on July 4th. What a great day to be baptized! I was baptized on July 3rd many, many years ago.
After her baptism, we enjoyed a picnic in the park, played baseball, and went to the fireworks before returning to our campsite late that night. The moon was full, the stars were out, and the weather was perfect. It was a great day!Camping for three days in the beautiful Box Elder Canyon was so much fun. The kids played together so well and had a blast. They got very dirty to prove how much fun they had.
We love the cute little bridge that led to the restroom.
Erin Joy played Barbies at the campground. She had several of her cousins playing with her and even convinced her uncle to play. He played with Ken (Erin Joy calls him, "Boy"). One Barbie is still lost at the campsite and I threw the other Barbies away because they were so dirty.
On Monday, July 6th, we went to Lagoon, a fun amusement park in Utah. We all had fun going on rides. There were a lot of adults which meant we could take turns watching the younger children while other went on more adult rides. I actually rode the Wicked...a roller coaster that I thought I would never get on. It was a blast and I look forward to riding it again the next time we are at Lagoon.
This was the new ride for 2009--Jumping Dragon. We rode it several times because of the Chinese theme. Actually, my girls rode it several times. I just rode it twice. It spun around and around, then spun around backwards just in case you weren't dizzy enough after going forwards. Twice was enough for me. I needed to keep my lunch down.All the kids had fun riding with Grandma. On one ride (Rattlesnake Rapids) all the younger kids wanted to go with Grandma because they thought she would protect them from getting wet. The older kids wanted to ride with Grandpa because they wanted to get wet. Poor Grandma ended up directly under the waterfall and was the wettest of all. She was a great sport all day.
My girls now have matching panda pajamas with their cute cousin. Unfortunately, the pajamas were too girly for our cute little boy cousin so he doesn't match. We are going to play with our cousins for a day before beginning the long trek home.
We have had a lot of fun. We are excited to go home and see our cat, but we will miss our family when we leave.
Bad Internet
1 day ago










1 comments:
What an amazing trip! I don't think I can let my kids see the kind of trips you guys go on, it raises the bar too high!
Post a Comment