Sunday, February 21, 2010

FCC Chinese New Year Fun

My girls danced at the FCC Chinese New Year celebration. They then danced at a retirement home in Chinatown. The residents painted red envelopes for the girls. It was fun. The girls did several of the same dances at the FCC event and the retirement home so I just included a small snippet from each dance without duplicating the dances. The exception is a dance in which both Rachel and Erin Joy danced at the same time, but Erin Joy was hidden from view of my video camera at the FCC celebration. I included the same dance at the retirement home because you can see Erin Joy.

The video is now at the end of this post. You can enjoy it after you look at pictures.
Wow! That is a lot of dancers! All of these girls dance with Rachel and Erin Joy's dance teacher. Most of them, at least 90%, are adopted from China.
Here is Erin Joy in the crowd...
Here is Rachel...
After the great dance show, we listened to a local author read her book...the book made me tear up. It is a nice adoption story so I had to buy it. Sheesh...I have enough books. The book was illustrated by her older daughter and given to her younger daughter as a Christmas present.


If you are an adoptive parent, I recommend the book. Unfortunately, you will pay more than I did and probably won't get a nice autographed copy like we got, but here is a link to the book if you are interested.
We then enjoyed carnival games including:

Ping Pong Pagoda...
Pin the tail on the tiger...
Zodiac cake walk...
Golf...

Chinese coin toss...
Ping the duck...
Great Wall Fishing...
Dragon boat racing...
Chopstick race...
The weather has been beautiful lately. We enjoyed a Jack In the Box picnic in between the dances. The girls were disappointed we didn't have time to play in the playground and I was disappointed we didn't have time to walk around the beach.
Posing with the residents and their dance teacher...
The residents gave each dancer a red envelope. The envelopes each had a character painted by the residents. My girls thought that was really neat.


Beautiful dancing girls....

0 comments: