Sunday, February 14, 2010

Great Wolf Lodge

We went to the Great Wolf Lodge with other single adoptive parents to welcome the lunar new year. They went on Thursday/Friday, but we had school so we went on Friday/Saturday. We saw our friends briefly as they were leaving and we were coming. At first, I was disappointed we didn't get to spend time with them and wondered why I spent so much money just to stay in a motel overnight by ourselves so close to home. I wasn't disappointed for long. The Great Wolf Lodge was so much fun and well worth the money we spent. We will go back sometime for sure! There were so many things to do. We had so much fun in the swimming park and the MagiQuest game that we never enjoyed any of the other activities.




Both girls LOVED the wave pool. Me too. We spent the majority of the time here. I did go on a few of the mild slides with Erin Joy, but Rachel refused. She waited at the bottom of the slides while Erin Joy and I had fun!

The clock tower show and storytime were a lot of fun.
The meals were expensive, but excellent.
Poor Erin Joy spent the night wheezing, coughing, and not breathing well. I didn't have any medicine with us so she just suffered. The next morning she was still a bit wheezy and very tired. While Rachel and I swam, she sat in a chair and watched. She was also too tired to finish our last few adventures with our MagiQuest wand. She waited for us on a couch in the lobby.
The girls had just as much fun with on a MagiQuest with their pink MagiWand as they did with swimming. We had to collect "runes" by using our computerized wand to find jewels, pictures, stars, animals, or whatever that were hidden on the first five floors. Many of the items were in the stairwell too.

My girls never figured out that we were earning points as well as collecting things too. We could have earned points for getting the items quickly. We saw many children running up and down the stairs. I'm grateful my children were content with the slow pace of their old, fat, and out of shape mother. Going up and down the stairs just about killed me:)
Rachel slayed the dragon!
They returned pixie dust to the pixie.
They were both VERY tired and I enjoyed a two-hour quiet drive home.

0 comments: