Sunday, February 7, 2010

Spring-Like Fun and Lunar New Year Celebration

I feel for others in our country who are experiencing terrible winter storms. We had a hard winter last year, so I am very sorry for those of you snowed in back east and those of you facing floods and landslides in California. However, in the Northwest, I think we skipped winter this year. We had a little snow in December and that was it. It has been very warm and not as much rain as usual. It sure feels like spring. Is it too early for spring fever?


Erin Joy and I enjoyed the sunshine at Carkeek Park while Rachel went to dance class.

The pedestrian bridge over the railroad track was closed for repairs so we enjoyed the view of the sound from a distance. I was disappointed that we didn't get to play on the beach, but Erin Joy didn't mind the extra play time at the playground.
In one end....
And out the other.
What a beautiful day! What a beautiful girl!
I took many pictures like this....
To get a few great pictures like this...



We ended our fabulous day with a lunar new year celebration at the Westminster Church. We had a wonderful time. The activities for the kids were perfect, the food was great, and the entertainment was fun.

I included a little snippet from each performance except the choirs. We had great seats on the front row, but we were on the side which gave a funny angle for watching the choirs. I did include a sideways view of the Asian Pacific Children's Chorus singing the "Congratulations" song I heard over and over and over while living in Taiwan. It is kind of like the Jingle Bells of Chinese New Year. It brought back fond memories:)

0 comments: