Sunday, August 8, 2010

Activities of the Past Few Days

We have a new toy that I really purchased to use in my classroom, but my girls are sure enjoying it.


There are eight pianos on the streets of Everett. You can read this article for more information. We had a blast playing at two of the pianos. The girls each had a turn and I played too. It was fun and it attracted quite the crowd. I was embarrassed that I could only remember the first part of many songs. I never could play a song in its entirety without the sheet music. We just might go back with music next time. I'm determined to finish "The Entertainer" and not play the first part over and over again:)


This piano was in front of the Children's Museum. We decorated keys a few weeks ago at the museum to make the piano fancy. The girls had fun playing the piano and looking for the keys they decorated.

This is the key Rachel decorated:
Erin Joy could never decide which key was the one she decorated. She made a face on a red key. There were several red keys with faces so I took a picture of this one for her:)


Our Jetty Island Day on Friday turned into a Children's Museum day because the Jetty Island Ferry was having mechanical difficulties. I was actually glad to skip Jetty Island because it cold and drizzly. Hard to have fun at the beach when it's cold and rainy so the Children's Museum was a good alternative...


Look who lost her other top tooth! I love the toothless look. I was hoping they would fall out just before Christmas so we could sing, "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth," but August is good too:) She is posing with her Tooth Fairy Sacajawea gold dollar coin. She is a little sleepy in the picture, but still cute without her teeth.
Even though it was rainy and cold, we enjoyed a family BBQ at our local IGA grocery store.
Rachel won the hula hoop contest. She was still going strong after everybody else was finished and the man in charge had to tell her stop. She could have hula hooped for hours even in the rain. She won a $25 gift card from Target. Nice! I hope she chooses to buy new shoes or clothes to help with the back-to-school bill:)



We waited in line for over an hour in the rain just so my girls could get a special balloon from Mr. Mokey, the Balloon Buffoon. They were really awesome balloons and the girls have played with them so much that I suppose it was worth the long wait in the rain.

Erin Joy thinks I kiss her too much. She keeps telling me that she doesn't allow kisses. I keep forgetting. Sheesh...what does she think? I'm her mother! I have to kiss her!

She doesn't agree. She made a chart for me. Daily she has been giving me an "X" if I kiss her and a check if I don't. If I have more checks than Xs when the chart is full, then I get a prize. I'm not sure what the prize is. She isn't either. I wonder where she learned this behavior modification stuff???
I just have to kiss her sometimes!!! Who could resist such a cutie pie???

Rachel was the King of Syria in our Family Home Evening play about Naaman that we performed today. I was the narrator so I couldn't record the play. It was cute, however.

0 comments: