We enjoyed a hike to the ice caves yesterday with some friends. As we were driving away from the caves, several emergency vehicles passed us. I found out later (after concerned friends emailed or made contact on facebook) that a mother had been injured and a girl had been killed by a block of falling ice. I reassured my friends that we were fine, but my stomach churned to know we were there playing in the same spot only 30 minutes before the accident. People have been killed by falling ice INSIDE the caves. I am careful to stay away from inside the caves and keep my children out, however, the child killed yesterday was NOT playing inside the caves. She was just playing near the entrance. She was not anyplace she shouldn't have been. I feel so sad for her family.











3 comments:
So scary to think how close you were to that accident! I feel so sad to the family who lost their gal.
You seem to have so much fun with your kids.... something I am lacking as a single momma right now. I am hoping it is because Tate is so young. Next year I hope we will get to be more adventureous.
Oh wow Stacey...I was thinking of you as I read all of the Facebook posts. I'm so thankful you guys were fine, but I too am so terribly saddened. I can imagine your stomach is still churning. Mine is, and I wasn't even there yesterday.
I admire you for all the fun and exciting things you do with your girls! I hope we can get together in the next couple of weeks!
So glad it wasn't you! It is so sad though.
Post a Comment