We have done something fun everyday this summer. For me, that means going to a park, a hike, a beach, or something outside. Yesterday (Monday), I didn't feel like doing anything outside. A child being killed at the ice caves the same day we were there on Saturday was still on my mind. I didn't want to do an outdoor activity. I told the girls our fun activity for the day was making cards and heating pad socks full of rice for people we know who are ill. We bought sparkly glitter fabric paint and decorated socks. We bought stickers and the girls made cards. The girls had a wonderful time and I am happy to report that none of the paint ended up on the carpet.
While working on her little project, Rachel said, "This has been the best day of summer ever." Really? I thought it was kind of boring. Glad she had fun.Today we had a picnic at Kayak Point. I always know when summer is drawing to a close when I get tired of picnicking. We picnicked with McDonald's Happy Meals today. The girls were thrilled to have something other than sandwiches....me too:)
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Kayak Point
Posted by Stacey at 5:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment