Sunday, December 12, 2010

Anybody Want Waterfront Property?

I was given a box of chocolate at church today. I told Erin Joy the best thing for flooding rivers and stress was chocolate. I had previously eaten a few pieces, but Erin Joy finished off the entire box! A house near the bridge we cross to get home...
The road to our house...
Across the street from our house...
Corner of my house...
My backyard...
My neighbors just put up the white picket fence after the 2006 flood.
Hard time delivering mail to my neighbor's mailbox...
I feel very sad about the houses a little down-river from us because they were built before all the codes required houses be built high. My house is 6 feet high. My house has never flooded...just the garage.
The front of my house. The water got a little higher and into the garage, but not bad at all. We really lucked out this year.
It was very stinky water...
This is the fire hydrant I used to judge the height of the water. The water eventually covered it.
People coming to stare...
The white thing by the sign is my neighbor's fence. Not sure where all the tires came from. Some really big trees floated through too...
Evacuating...

My cute neighbor girl wanted me to take her picture because I was taking too many pictures of the water:)



The flooding wasn't even close to as bad as it was in 2006. Here is a memory of 2006:

1 comments:

Deb said...

Oh, Stacey! How awful! Does this happen every year? I remember last year when your bank slid into your yard...are you still thinking of moving? Thinking of you today!