Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Adventures with Flat Kaci



We have been having a lot of fun with our niece/cousin's "Flat Kaci." Last week after school one day, we took Flat Kaci to the fish ladder and little waterfall near our house. It was really rainy and Flat Kaci was very glad she was laminated.

On Saturday, while Rachel was in dance class, Erin Joy and I took Flat Kaci to Carkeek Park near Puget Sound. She had fun collecting shell, riding in Erin Joy's hood, watching three trains pass under the pedestrian overpass, and playing at the park. Flat Kaci especially enjoyed going down the salmon slide.

Yesterday (Presidents' Day), we took Flat Kaci to Seattle. We pretended to be tourists and had a blast. We even parked our car and rode the city bus. In fact, both Rachel and Erin Joy said their favorite thing was riding the accordion bus. They rode for free and I bought an "All-Day Pass" which cost me $2.50. If I would have known how much they enjoyed the bus, we could have just ridden the bus around all day for a lot less money than we spent at the aquarium and harbor cruise!

Flat Kaci had fun walking around the Pike Place Market. She especially enjoyed watching the flying fish at the fish market.

Flat Kaci also had a great time at the aquarium. Rachel and Erin Joy did too. They have never been there before. They especially liked the underwater dome and the kids' activities. I included video of the girls dancing like an octopus.

We splurged and went on a harbor cruise. It wasn't in the plans, but a ticket to the aquarium was $15.00 and a ticket to the aquarium combined with the cruise was $28.00. Kids tickets were $10.00 to the aquarium and $10.00 to the aquarium and cruise combined. It was such a sunny day...I couldn't resist. I figured it was only $13.00 more. The cruise was a narrated 1 1/2 hour ride around the harbor. I enjoyed it and learned more than I ever wanted to know about Seattle. The girls didn't enjoy it as much as I did. Rachel said her favorite thing about the cruise was eating potato chips. I let them pick one thing from the very expensive snack bar....$2.00 for a mini bag of chips...sheesh...

Flat Kaci then enjoyed fish 'n chips at a little restaurant by the waterfront.

It really felt like spring outside. We really didn't need our heavy winter coats that I ended up carrying around. I love spring! The forecast is for more rain by the end of the week so I know winter isn't quite over yet, but it's close. My bulbs are coming up...that means it's about time to get rid of the weeds...

Anyway, Flat Kaci had a great time at our house and is excited to travel to Georgia next.

2 comments:

Valberg Family said...

Stacey, thank you for spending the day with flat Kaci. Kaci thanks you, too! The pictures made me laugh and laugh. It will be fun to show them to Kaci's class.

bec said...

looks like you had fun! i want to come be a tourist in seattle again! :D someday soon.