Apparently, we missed Ditto's birthday. It was on Friday. Who's Ditto? Well, I asked Rachel the same thing.
"Don't you remember, Mommy? He is my imaginary friend. He is sad that you forgot his birthday."
I forgot his birthday? I didn't know he had a birthday. In fact, I had forgotten about him, but I remembered quickly...Rachel's imaginary dog.
"Oh, I remember Ditto. He is your dog, right?"
"No, Mommy. He used to be a dog, but now he is a boy. He lives in China. He is learning to speak Chinese. He knows tsao mei, pu tao, and xiang jao. He is going to go back to China after we have a party for him."
"Oh, we are having a party for him?"
"Yes, Mommy."
"We don't have any cake, but we do have ice cream. How about ice cream?"
"Oh yes. Ditto likes ice cream."
So we celebrated Ditto's birthday with a candle in his ice cream. We sang "Happy Birthday" to him, Rachel helped him blow out his candle, and she helped him eat his ice cream. She wrapped up a few of her toys in blankets to give to him as presents. He is now on his way to China.
I wonder when Delilah, Moo-Cow, Scruffy, and Angel celebrate their birthdays? It's hard for me to keep track of Rachel's imaginary friends, but if it means ice cream, I'll be sure to write their birthdays on the calendar!
Fiber Monday - Correcting errors
6 days ago










2 comments:
I think you and the girls should come visit us in Arkansas. Or maybe we could meet some where in the middle and hang out. LOL.
Monica
I would love that! Someday....
Post a Comment