Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thanks George and Abe!

We have a four day weekend thanks to our wonderful former presidents. The weekend started with my girls playing unsupervised while I tried to not be sick by resting on the couch.

This is what unsupervised play looks like:

Erin Joy entertained herself by creating works of art under the table.


"Mom, we're hungry."

"Shucks. Do I really have to feed you? How about just open the fridge and find something?"

"OK."

Here is the result of my children feeding themselves...I felt very guilty about this one...

"Mom, Erin Joy is destroying all the Polly Pockets."

Yep...we learned dismembered Polly Pockets can't be put back together.

One good thing came from unsupervised play, I read a good book. I highly recommend "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Hosseini. He also wrote "The Kite Runner." Both books are excellent. (By the way, I know titles of books should be underlined, but I can't figure out how to underline on Blogger. This has been bothering me...I hope it doesn't bother you...)

We are going to do something fun tomorrow. We need to take our cousin's Flat Stanley on an adventure. Somebody ought to clean the house after all the unsupervised play....I think we'll ignore it for awhile...

0 comments: