Friday, February 15, 2008

Touching Valentine Poems

One of the bedtime stories we read last night was "Minnie and Moo Will You Be My Valentine?" In case you are unfamiliar with Minnie and Moo, they are cows. They live on a farm. In this book, Moo sends valentine poems to his friends. He composed this poem for a fellow cow:

Dearest buffalo lips,
Your ultra-wide hips
Are as big as six ships.
So what can I say
But "anchors away!"
Have a wonderful,
wonderful,
Valentine's Day.

And another lovely poem for a pig:

My love for you has never been keener,
My little piggy, my hot dog wiener.
My little piggy, don't get flustered,
I love you truly, with a little mustard.

I'm grateful that none of my students wrote me poetry. I'm grateful the only person who wrote me a note for Valentine's Day was Rachel. She wrote:

I love my mom I love my cat I love myself.

Ahhh, such sentiments. I'm working on a little video while I type this. You will hear from Rachel and Erin Joy momentarily.

0 comments: