I love my Great-Aunt June. I live far away from my immediate family and my closest relative is my wonderful aunt. Aunt June has become my friend since living in the Northwest the past 12 or 15 years or however long it has been....
I will always remember going out to lunch with her, walking on the beach with her, looking at her beautiful yard, and having great conversations with her. Aunt June has always been a lady. She has walked with me on the beach in her high heeled shoes, lipstick, necklaces, and carrying an umbrella. I wore flip-flops and shorts. She loves poetry, Impressionist art, and dolls. She always found great bargains at thrift stores.
My girls loved to visit because she always gave them apple juice and cookies. She allowed them to play with her stuffed cats and many dolls. Many of her dolls are worth quite a bit of money and Aunt June never minded when my girls played with them. Aunt June was always so patient and loving with my wild girls. She never seemed concerned when they played in her house and always welcomed us into her house.
She also loves her family very much. She always filled me in on our extended family's happenings whenever I visited. I knew I could count on Aunt June for family news.
I remember celebrating her 80th birthday. I was so hoping to celebrate her 90th birthday with her this June. I don't think she is going to make it to June. Her wonderful children, grand-daughter, and hospice nurses and staff have been helping her, but she is slipping away quickly. As I held her cold hand today, read her poetry, and tried to talk with her, my heart broke. I am being selfish though. Her husband is waiting for her and other family members who have already passed on are ready to welcome her to the other side.
I really love you, Aunt June. I will continue to pray for you. I pray that you won't have any pain and that you will remain on earth only as long as necessary to fulfill God's plan for you and your family. I pray for your wonderful children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren who love you so much. May God's greatest blessing be upon you and upon your family at this time.
Fiber Monday - Correcting errors
6 days ago










0 comments:
Post a Comment