Sunday, February 15, 2009

Larry the Cucumber Look





I don't dare tell Rachel she looks like Larry the Cucumber from Veggie Tales without her top tooth.  The other tooth is very loose and hanging funny.  She really looks like Larry with his one tooth. 


She lost it yesterday and the tooth fairy came last night.  The tooth fairy leaves a gold coin (Sacagawea dollar) and also leaves the tooth.  According to a book we read, when a child loses a bottom tooth in China, it is thrown on the roof so the adult tooth will grow straight and tall.  If a top tooth is lost, it is buried so that the adult tooth will grow straight down.

Rachel had fun choosing her favorite flower as a burial spot for her tooth.  I hope it really works and the incoming tooth grows straight down.  Her bottom teeth came in very crooked.  Her mouth is so small.  We are in for orthodontics bills for sure.  Hopefully, by then I will have recovered from attorney fees and landscaping fees.

2 comments:

lamamachina said...

So did she pull it or did it just fall out?

Cristina's is still hanging there. It looks like a fang.
It's driving me crazy

Stacey said...

It came out with the help of a neighbor friend who was tickling Rachel. Rachel came up and hit her hand causing the tooth to fall out. I wish the one next to it would have fallen out too. She cries and throws fits whenever a tooth falls out. She has a hard time with the blood or something.