Monday, February 23, 2009

Little Seamstress

Rachel loves her sewing machine that Santa brought her last Christmas.

She was really proud of herself for designing and sewing this purse. She was a little disappointed when she discovered that it doesn't open. It looks like a purse though...

She had a little help making pillows. I showed her how to sew with the right sides facing each other so she could turn the pillows inside out so the stitching would be on the inside. She was amazed by that. She made a pillow for herself and one for her sister. I think she did a great job. In a few years, she can sew clothes for all of us.

3 comments:

bec said...

wow! you are a great seamstress Rachel! glad you like sewing!

Beth Tunnell said...

She sews better than me! I know, because I've been trying my hand at it a bit lately. Rachel you are very creative!

lamamachina said...

Wow! Those are great pillows!

And nice job on the purse, an excellent result for a first try!