Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring Cleaning

The weather has turned cold and rainy again. I knew a couple of days of spring was too good to be true. As long as it is cold and rainy, we might as well clean our house before we end up needing to call these ladies:


Thankfully, our house isn't in that state yet, but we did find a few treasures.

How about a two-month-old peanut butter and cheese cracker sandwich in a lunch box? We found this treasure in the playroom. My kids don't take lunches in lunch boxes. Neither of them particularly like peanut butter, but I do vaguely remember making Erin Joy a peanut butter sandwich to which she added cheese crackers about two months ago. I had no idea it ended up in a lunch box in the playroom. It was hard and smelly, but not green yet. Glad it didn't sit there for another month. I just threw the whole lunch box away.



How about nice snowman art on the toilet seat?


The snowman joins the autograph on the other side of the toilet seat. Guess my girls think our toilet seat needs decorating.


The girls actually helped a lot today. Rachel vacuumed pretty well...good enough anyway. Erin Joy was in charge of cleaning the mirror. Rachel joined her. They kept putting their hands on the mirror so it took awhile for them to get it clean. In fact, it still isn't clean, but it did keep them occupied long enough for me to finish other chores.


I really wanted to clean because I wanted to put up our new shower curtain. We have new bath towels, garbage can, toothbrush holder, soap dish, and other things all with the bamboo theme. I really need to paint the bathroom a color other than white so it will match the bamboo. I can't decide between green, cream, light beige, a combination of colors, or maybe a border with bamboo or pandas or something. If you have any great ideas, feel free to leave me a comment. I'm terrible with decorating.

3 comments:

Monica said...

I say green because if you do cream or light beige, the towels and shower curtain will just kind of fade into the wall, but if you do green, it will bring out the bamboo colors.

Just my 2 cents.

Monica

Stephanie said...

I agree with Monica. Go with green, then everything will "pop". Besides, color makes you happy!

lisa said...

I vote for sage for sure!