The sun made a rare appearance yesterday. There is hope! We had a great day and enjoyed the sunshine as much as we could.
Our internet friends,
Reese and Monica, sent us a "Flat Chen Le" cat which we were happy to take with us on our adventures of the day. While Rachel was at dance class, Erin Joy and I took Flat Chen Le to a park/school. I have always thought the sign "no pets including dogs, cats, and pot bellied pigs" was funny. We disobeyed the sign and brought Flat Chen Le with us. I did put her by the sign and took her picture.
While Erin Joy was at her dance class, Rachel and I took Flat Chen Le to another park by the ocean. Poor Chen Le was a little scared of the Salmon slide. Chen Le likes to eat fish, but wasn't sure she wanted to enter a fish's mouth to slide down one. Rachel helped her be brave.
Flat Chen Le then joined us for a hilarious version of "Cinderella" performed by
Studio East. She thought the "grass slippers" that Cinderella wore were especially humorous.
We then enjoyed
bloomin' onions and ice cream at an Outback Steakhouse. Rachel earned a free Joey dinner because of all the books she has been reading so it gave us a good excuse to go out to dinner. Flat Chen Le wasn't sure if there were any Outback Steakhouses in Arkansas, but if there are, she wants to go back for some more bloomin' onions.
When we arrived home, we showed Flat Chen Le the little lake, streams, and river by our house. We also showed her the Bleeding Hearts that grow wild in our yard. She liked our cat, Bella. Bella wasn't too sure about her though.
I made a slide show with 39 pictures of our day. It is very long. I figure Reese and Monica can watch it. The rest of you can watch it if you really want to. I'm not sure how long it will take to get to the end. I haven't even watched it to the end.
We had a great time with Chen Le and glad she came for a visit.
0 comments:
Post a Comment